Thursday, June 01, 2006

New Toys...or Nerd Boy Strikes Again

Went out and got season five of The West Wing on DVD today. Seriously, is this not the best television program of all time? I'm stoked about the upcomming Sorkin drama Studio 60 on The Sunset Strip. Brad Whitford and Matt Perry with Tommy Schlamme directing and Aaron Sorkin writing...how could this be bad?

I also recently got some fun mail order stuff, and this is where I really start to sound like a nerd. My very own (non-electronic) copy of the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia along with J.J. Collins' The Bible After Babel showed up a little while ago. I know what you're thinking, How could even a semi-serious student of the Hebrew Bible (and I hope I'm more than semi-serious by now) not have his own BHS until just recently? Well, I do have an electronic version that came with my Gramcord software (sans critical apparatus and Massorah) and there are a few copies at the seminary library that I've been using regularly. None of those are good excuses, but that's how life goes.

Next up on my shopping list is Theologies of Resistance in Daniel, the Apocalypse of Weeks, the Book of Dreams, and the Testament of Moses by Dr. Anathea Portier-Young. It took me a little while to find this particular dissertation, but it's on the way now. Woohoo!

Like I said...nerd.

1 comments:

the Doug said...

The West Wing? Don't think I've ever even watched that show.

DJR