Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back in Black...

So I'm back into the blogosphere!! I figured I'd change up the old template a little bit to celebrate (plus it gives me the chance to use this cool/cheesy title). The first chapter of my thesis is done (draft one at least) and I've moved on to research on chapter two. One of the nice things about getting beyond literary theory and methodological concerns is that I can get back into ancient languages and literature. So much more fun than literary theory...and also much closer to anything that I might call an area of expertise.

Not a whole lot to natter on about in my first post back. I've been spending most of my time either working on a translation of Daniel 7-8 or reading books by one of my new favorite authors, Patrick O'Bryan. O'Bryan is the author of the series of books that the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World was based on. Though the film is wonderful it's not exactly an accurate portrayal of the books. Hell, there are 21 books, you can't really blame the film-makers. The books are tremendously fun, very historically and technically accurate and contain some of the best written characters I've ever come across. I recommend them highly.

Another random note, I recently read what is maybe the single best blog title of all time on Kat and Chris's blog. It's called David, Destroyer of Worlds and is (not surprisingly) about their newborn son David. Very very funny. Teehee.

That's it for now, though I have a couple of posts in the hopper that I might get out soon. Cheers.

1 comments:

debrowns said...

Good to see you survived the first chapter. Even more impressive the discipline of not blogging until done that chapter. What happened to the words of procrastination you gave to our friend Doug?